Welcome to the Nonfiction Authors Association (NFAA), a vibrant community for authors to connect, exchange ideas, and learn about book publishing and promotion. Our primary focus is to provide our members with educational resources and community support for nonfiction books including business, self-development, health and fitness, memoir, history, how-to, creative nonfiction and reference books.
NFAA is over 13,000 members strong and growing each day! Join us and find out what all the buzz is about!
You are an ideal member for NFAA if you…
- Are an experienced or aspiring nonfiction writer
- Feel overwhelmed by the publishing industry
- Want to learn new book marketing tactics
- Have a desire to make an impact on the world
- Want to connect with fellow authors who have similar goals
The fact is that nonfiction authors have been a neglected community. Most writers’ groups and writers’ conferences focus on fiction. But if you’re a nonfiction author, your needs are different. Your marketing tactics are different, your sales process is different, and your goals are probably different.
Many nonfiction authors are also entrepreneurs, speakers, consultants, coaches, medical, financial and legal professionals, and service-based business owners. Writing and promoting a nonfiction book can be a phenomenal way to grow your business. The possibilities are truly endless and we want to help you discover them!
We offer two membership options: Basic (free) and Authority ($19/month). Basic members receive an online profile and live access to our teleseminars. Our Authority members receive the following benefits:
- Twice-monthly teleseminars with industry experts, plus recordings
- Exclusive templates, checklists, worksheets and other downloads added weekly
- Marketing “homework” (tips) sent via email each week
- Monthly Q&A “Spark” calls to get your publishing and marketing questions answered
- Access to our active members-only LinkedIn forum
- Free admission to local chapter meetings across the U.S. and Canada
- Discounts with our partners including Office Depot, PR Newswire, Gebbie Press and more
- Discounts off the Nonfiction Writers Conference and Nonfiction Book Awards program
Are you ready to take your author career to the next level?
“I highly recommend this group for anyone who is even just thinking about writing a book. The Authority membership has been worth every penny.”
– Stacy Fisher-Gunn RDN, CD, CDE
“NFAA helped me launch my first book into the world successfully. The templates and information on the web site are things I could not find anywhere else. I cannot wait to attend my first conference.”
– Alison Buehler, Author of Rethinking Women’s Health
“I absolutely love all the resources the association offers–the downloads, the teleseminar recordings and the amazing discounts. Though I’ve been an author for many years now, I still find all kinds of new tips and ideas through NFAA. It’s one of the best investments I’ve ever made in my author career!“
– Donna Hartley, Author of the Fire Up Your Life series, DonnaHartley.com
Message From the Nonfiction Authors Association (NFAA) Founder and CEO, Stephanie Chandler:
As an author myself, I know how overwhelming the publishing industry can be. I also understand the challenges (and frustrations) of book marketing.
The Nonfiction Authors Association was born from the Nonfiction Writers Conference, an annual online event I’ve hosted since 2010. Each year attendees wanted to know how to keep the momentum going. So in 2013 we launched NFAA as a way to bring nonfiction authors together in a supportive community to learn, brainstorm, share ideas and resources, and support each other in building successful author careers.
I’m also a big believer in the power of nonfiction books to change the lives of readers. As nonfiction authors, we have a unique opportunity to reach readers around the globe and make a positive impact on their lives. And while writing a book is one of life’s most rewarding accomplishments, it can also be a lonely and overwhelming journey. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
I understand the power of using a book as a tool to grow your business, get media exposure, attract speaking engagements and corporate sponsorship opportunities, and so much more. It is a great joy for me to build this community and bring together valuable resources and industry experts to help you achieve your goals.
I hope you will join us for this journey. Together, we can make big things happen in the world!
Wishing you abundant joy and success,